Physiotherapy Jobs from EM Recruitment, medical recruitment agency in UK
EM Recruitment Home
About EM Recruitment, Medical Recruitment Agency in UK
Find a Medical Job in the UK
Submit your CV to EM Recruitment
EM Recruitment Travel Centre
Contact EM Recruitment
Work Overseas - Find a Medical Job with EM Recruitment

Visa advice & information

Visa Legislation Changes Key features

The upper age limit for new Working Holiday Visa applications as of 25th August 2003 will be raised from 27 to 30 years old
The employment restrictions are now removed to allow participants to work in their profession or any other type of employment
The legislation permits working holiday makers to switch to work permit status, after 12 months in the UK subject to fulfilling the qualifying criteria
The above changes apply with immediate effect to working holiday makers already in the UK

Eligibility to work in the United Kingdom
Before you enter the UK you must ensure that you are eligible to obtain paid employment. Should you require clarification you can obtain detailed information regarding passports, visas, entry certificates and work permits by contacting the British High Commission or Embassy in your own country. Below is a guide to some of the criteria for working in the UK as an overseas professional.

The UK Working Holiday Visa
If you have not reached your 31st birthday and are a Commonwealth citizen then you can enter the UK for a 'working holiday' of up to two years. Your main reason for visiting the UK must be travel and any supply or other work must be to fund your travels. Please ensure you apply for your working holiday visa / certificate before you leave home. You will need to make application to your British High Commission. Without the necessary stamp in your passport, you will probably be refused entry.

These are the conditions that apply:
Aged between 17 and 30 and a Commonwealth citizen.
Your main interest in the UK must be a holiday. Any work taken must be to support your travels.
Have no dependents i.e. Children or married. If married please apply to the Consulate.
Have no intention of staying in the UK for no more than two years in total including any time spent outside the UK.
  Have enough funds for your travel fare home and to support your stay.

Dual nationality
You will need a dual second passport. As an overseas professional with dual nationality in Britain, or another European Union country, is entitled to work in the UK.

If you have a British parent or grandparent, you are entitled to claim ancestry which gives you the right to work in the UK for up to four years. We strongly recommend that you check the current rules with your High Commission. If you are issued an entry certificate, bring it with you. Your passport will get a partiality stamp that entitles you to work in the UK.

British High Commission

British High Commission
Entry Clearance Section
10th Floor,
SAP House (Formerly CBS Towers)
Cnr Akuna & Bunda Streets
Canberra City ACT 2601
British High Commission
80 Elgin Street
Ontario K1P 5K7
Tel 613-237-2008
Fax 613-232-2533
New Zealand
British High Commission
Consular and Passports Section
British High Commission
44 Hill Street
New Zealand
Tel: ++64 0 449 50889
Fax: ++64 0 447 11974

[Home] [About Us] [Jobs] [Submit CV ] [Travel Centre] [Overseas Recruits] [Events]

Recruitment Agency - Jobs and Vacancies in London & UK wide in the following areas:
Pharmacy Jobs | Occupational therapy Radiography | Medical Secretary
| Social Work
 Speech therapy | Physiotherapy Jobs | Dieticians | Audiology
| Cardiac Technicians | MLSO’s 

Teachers: UK Teaching Jobs | UK Teaching Vacancies | Secondary Teaching | Primary Teaching | Nursery Teaching | Special Needs | Nursery Nurses

Teaching and Medical Recruitment in the UK.

Site concept and internet marketing by Newmedia Marketing Solutions